Re: 20011010: LDM not starting at boot

Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Hi Patrick,

First, I understand from Tom that the cron problem is solved.  Is that
behaving for you now?

Regarding starting the ldm at system boot, I have logged on to your
machine and I can't see any problems.  I recommend that you run the boot
script from the command line and see if it reports any errors.  That is,
as 'root' in /etc/rc3.d, do './S95ldm stop' to stop the ldm, then do
'./S95ldm start' to start it.  In initial testing you could comment out
the lines that delete and remake the queue to save the associated
overhead of rebuilding it and retrieving the past hour's worth of data.
If that works ok, the I'd try it with rebuilding the queue just to
eliminate all variables.

If the script works from the command line but still doesn't work at boot
time, then I would suspect something in the ldm environment.  I would
then move the ldm .cshrc and .login file to the side and try rebooting
again.

Please try these things and let me know what happens.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307