Re: 20011008: IDD latencies at PSU (cont.)

"Arthur A. Person" wrote:

> > I had this problem again this AM.  I ran DDPLUS|IDS|HDS from nutone over
> > night with NMC2 via motherlode (through the old path that was slow).  This
> > morning I decided to switch NMC2 to nutone and DDPLUS|IDS|HDS to
> > motherlode to do a reverse test, but discovered that NMC2 wasn't coming in
> > through nutone.  So, when I new that the hardware problem to motherlode
> > had been fixed, I decided to just switch everything back to motherlode and
> > see how it works.  However, motherlode wouldn't feed NMC2 data, only
> > DDPLUS|IDS|HDS despite being in the ldmd.conf file as a request.  I
> > reverted back to nutone->DDPLUS|IDS|HDS and motherlode->NMC2 so we could
> > just get data.  There must be some sort of issue with the LDM here.  I
> > will experiment again when NMC2 data starts flowing again later.  I guess
> > what's notable here is that NMC2 will feed from motherlode if it's
> > requested alone but not if I request DDPLUS|IDS|HDS as well.  This wasn't
> > the case a couple weeks ago before the data slowness problem started.
> >
> > I just tried a notifyme to motherlode and saw the following at startup:
> >
> > Oct 17 17:21:26 notifyme[12487]: Starting Up: motherlode.ucar.edu:
> > 20011017172126.745 TS_ENDT {{ANY,  ".*"}}
> > Oct 17 17:21:26 notifyme[12487]: NOTIFYME(motherlode.ucar.edu): reclass:
> > 20011017172126.745 TS_ENDT {{DIFAX|FNEXRAD|FSL2|UNIDATA,  ".*"}}
> >
> > Does the above mean ANY gets translated as not including NMC2, and if so,
> > wouldn't that be a bug?  Has the allow line for ldm.meteo.psu.edu changed
> > at all in the last 2 weeks?
>
> I just started the ldm requesting both from motherlode now... it took a
> while to start up, but both are now running, FYI.
>
>                                    Art.

Hi Art,

So, what was the sequence of events here?  First you requested
DDPLUS|IDS|HDS|NMC2|SPARE from motherlode, but didn't get it.  Was that
all on one request line?  And, then you restarted the ldm and got it?
Did anything change inbetween?  Could the first time have simply been a
lull in the NMC2 stream?  Nothing has changed on motherlode's allow line
for ldm.meteo over the past two weeks.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307