Re: logging, stats, and dcgrib problem

Sitler Jeffrey L Civ AFIT/ENP wrote:

> Anne,
> I found out that our mail server isn't active, never was implemented.
> We just had a recent problem from 1034 this morning, any chance you were
> logged in then as root.
> Our usr/local/bin directory was deleted, we are trying to track down who
> that might have been.
> Any chance a boo-boo was done on your end at that time.
> Thanks
> Jeff
>
> Happy Halloween.

Hi Jeff,

I did log on as ldm this morning to look at the dcgrib errors again, but
I did not become root.  I also wanted to ensure that the ldm was no
longer writing to /var/adm/messages, and was surprised to find that
those files had been turned into directories - I don't understand that,
it's strange.  The times on these directories, as I recall, was 10:19
and 10:20.

I was nowhere near /usr/local/bin, and did no 'rm's.

That is very wierd!  Let me know if there's anything I can do.

Anne

                                  Boulder, CO  80307