aeolus update

Hi all,

In an earlier message I said I planned to rebuild the queue on aeolus.
Well, I've decided not to.  Things have been running properly for about
two hours now.  So, instead of rebuilding the queue I've put the
rpc.ldmd process for motherlode in debug mode in anticipation of the
problem occurring again.  I'm rotating the logs every 30 minutes, so the
logs shouldn't grow too huge.  I'm keeping a bunch of them to cover the
time until the morning.  Disk space seems sufficient for this.

Larry, should the ldm die I'd suggest letting it be until we can look at
it again in the morning.

But, if you must restart it, please save ~ldm/logs/ldmd.log, i.e.,
rename it with some other name.  Then, you'll need to 'touch
~ldm/logs/ldmd.log' to get logging working again.  Also, it might be
interesting to save the queue if you can.  You only need to rename it to
some other name, then do 'ldmadmin mkqueue' to make another one.

I'll check things once more tonight, then again in the AM.

Anne

address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307