Re: [Fwd: cann't ping 130.39.188.220]

Hi Bob,

Where is Duanjun located..?

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Robert Leche wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> Duanjun is not receiving McIDAS. Sirocco requests McIDAS
> fromthelma.ucar.edu as defined in sirocco's ldmd.conf:
>
> request WMO|DIFAX|FNEXRAD|FSL2|NMC2|NOGAPS|MCIDAS|NEXRAD ".*"
> thelma.ucar.edu
>
> Sirocco is receiving MCIDAS data as evidence by Gempak is displaying
> current sounder images.
>
> So we are receiving MCIDAS, but Duanjun is not.
>
> Question 1
>
> Would a NOAAport be a better place for Sirocco to get McIDAS ? Say our
> NOAAport :)

McIDAS comes from SSEC, you could get the raw GOES E and W from NOAAport
but would need to process the images, I suspect it is still best to get
from thelma

> Question 2
>
> Is any other definitions required on Sirocco to allow down stream
> sites access to McIDAS ?

A simple allow line is all that is needed, more info would be required for
me to hazard a guess as to why a problem exists, I am not sure one does.
Perhaps a DNS error (just guessing from the subject line) if there are
problems, please attach the part of your ldm log file that shows the
failed connect or perhaps Duanjun can let me know what error he is
getting..

> Bob

> Robert Leche
> System Administrator
> Louisiana State University - Southern Regional Climate Center
> 260 Howe-Russell Building
> Baton Rouge, La. 70803
> address@hidden
> 225 578 5023