20020429: rtstats

Carl,

I have reposted the rtstats.tar.Z file under
ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/ldm5/rtstats/rtstats.tar.Z.

I have fixed the creation of the *.stats files. These are a
remnant of using code from the pqbinstats program which can be used to
initialize the statistics. Since I created the program on a machine running
pqbinstats from the LDM, the files were already there, but if you aren't running
pqbinstats, then they don't need to exist.

The log messages you get are not from rtstats, but rather from the rpc.ldmd
process that accepts your connection. Unfortunately, I can't stop the LDM
from issuing those messages without modifying how all connections are
logged from the LDM source code outside of the /etc/syslog.conf file where
generally the local0 logging is local0.debug.... so, all connections are
logged. On my LDM here where I'm only processing stats, I have set the
syslog to local0.warning. That might not be desireable where you want to log
other feeds you are sending data to.

Thanks for the feedback.

Steve Chiswell