Re: Missing products

Hi Harry,

Well, several days late, but hopefully not too many dollars short...

I wrote three Python scripts for logging the output of notifyme and
comparing the signatures in one notifyme output to a bunch of others.
The files are these:

logNotifyme.py: Usage: logNotifyme.py [-f <feedtype>].  Runs 'notifyme
-vx -l - -f <feedtype>' and writes the result to a file named
'notifyme.log.<feedtype>.<ddhhmmss>.  Upon reciept of SIGALRM, closes
the currently open file and reopens a new one.  In the future, I may
augment it to take a number of logs, and delete the oldest logs that are
beyond that number, but this feature is not there now.  Instead the logs
just accumulate.

rotateLogNotifyme.py: gets the PIDs for all the logNotifyme programs
running and sends each one a SIGALRM.  This is intended to be run out of
cron.

matchSigs.py: Usage: matchSigs.py sourceLog checkLog1 [checkLog2 ...].
Gets the sigs out of 'sourceLog' and matches them against each sig in
each of the checkLogs.  Reports lines from sourceLog that do not appear
exactly once in all checkLogs.

I have put these scripts in ~ftp/pub/anne/logNotifyme if you would like
to try them.

These scripts work on thelma, although I am only stress testing them
now.  Currently I'm running four logNotifyme's: one each for UNIDATA,
NMC2, NEXRAD, and NEXRD2, plus a 'notifyme -vx -l notifyme.out' from the
command line for comparison and testing.

I hope we can use these to determine which products you are missing.
What would be the best for me to do on thelma?  Perhaps I should run
three: one for DIFAX|FNEXRAD|FSL2|WMO, one for NEXRAD, and one for
NMC2.  And, maybe I'll rotate them once per hour...  Suggestions?

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307