Re: corrupt queues

> Benjamin Cotton wrote:
>
> Anne,
>

> Five dollars says I just plain forgot to attach the logs.  To clarify,
> yes I first noticed the LDM hating me the first day of the workshop,
> but I had been busy with my other job for the few days before and had
> not had time to look at it.  The data flow has been uninterrupted all
> morning, but everything with the exception of the models is
> incomplete, and all of the data is substantially late.
>

> Ben

Hi Ben,

It seems like /etc/syslog.conf is not set up properly, as I see messages
from the LDM in the system log:

Aug  8 18:15:15 anvil /kernel: pid 89432 (pnga2area), uid 61000: exited
on signal 11 (core dumped)

Although, are you still running on the same machine that Eric was
using?  Because /etc/syslog.conf was presumably set up properly at one
time.  Anyway, please review this section of the installation
instructions, particularly the part about setting up syslogd and the
local0 logging
facility:http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/ldmPreInstallList.html#s8.

The log entry above shows that pnga2area is getting a segmentation
violation.  Did you just recently install ldm-mcidas?  Or, did something
just break?

And, one other action item for you: Please ask Perdue's network
administrator/engineer if they've recently installed anything to limit
or halt file sharing software like Napster or Gnutella.   Packeteer's
ProductShaper is one such product.  What with the students about to
return, we've had a spate of problems recently regarding such software.
I'd like to at least rule out that possibility.

Anne

                                  Boulder, CO  80307