20030305: pqinsert question

>From: Celia Chen <address@hidden>

>Hi,
>
>I am trying to use pqinsert to send EXP data files to another
>LDM server. I am able to get some products but not all. Here
>are the error messages that I got for the lost products:
>
>opqinsert: pq_del_oldest: conflict on 49451848
>pqinsert: pq_insert: Resource temporarily unavailable
>

>What do I need to do to catch all the files?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Celia

Celia,

Your problem is likely that a downstream feeder has a lock on the
oldest product region at the time that your insertion needs to clear space
in the product queue to insert the new data. This sounds like you
are running a very ond version of the LDM, prior to LDM 5.1.3 where
this problem was worked around.

It also signals that you likely have a slow feeder which is about to lose
data since it is at the old end of the queue where products are about
to be removed.

If you are running an old version of the LDM, I suggest moving up to at least
LDM 5.2.x. You should probably not upgrade to the LDM 6.0 release yet
(until a general release announcement is made since we are still undergoing
Beta tests).

If you are running a current LDM version, please let us know the version,
operating system, whether you built from source or installed a binary
distribution etc so that we have the relevant information to diagnose your
problem.

Steve Chiswell