20030407: upgrade LDM to latest distribution on Linux

>From: Richard Massa <address@hidden>

Hi Richard,

>Let me know when is a good time to do the LDM6 installation.  I plan on
>upgrading to slackware 9 and the new version of McIDAS while I'm at it. I
>promise not to take so much of your time this time around :)

I am in DC this week, so it will have to wait until next week.  The
LDM installation is quick and easy as long as one has root access.
Tuning the LDM is also easy, especially for us since we know
what to look for and how to adjust requests, etc.

Please touch base with me next Monday.  If you don't, I am likely to
forget, and I don't want that to happen,