Re: Motherlode FNEXRAD latency (fwd)

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Steve Emmerson wrote:

> Robb,
>
> Can you shed any light on this?
>
> --Steve

Steve,

Chiz is correct.   When the new floater sites are selected from the web
page, the info is sent to motherlode via of ldmsend.  When motherlode
receives the product, it runs the mkfloat program using the new selection.
It kills the old floater program and starts a new one with  new selection.
It scans the queue from the begining looking for the sites, converting
them to FNEXRAD products. I believe the initial scan is causing the high
latency. Since the new queue is much larger now, I don't believe the
floater process needs to go back to the beginning of the queue for
products. I'm going to add the -o flags, (std ldm flag) to go back maybe 4
hours so users don't get such a backlog of data.

Robb...