20030422: upgrade of ldm.meteo.psu.edu to 6.0.10

Art,

> To: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
> cc: <address@hidden>
> From: "Arthur A. Person" <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: 20030421: upgrade of ldm.meteo.psu.edu to 6.0.10

> I had one problem in the upgrade (I would call it a minor bug):  The
> ldmadmin script complained that my ldm.pq file didn't exist because -f
> (and -e) apparently require it to be a file and not a link.  I use a link
> for /usr/local/ldm/data which points to another local file system.  I just
> commented that section out for the moment... not sure what the "correct"
> fix for this would be.  This is on RedHat 7.3.

If the object referenced by the $pq_path variable in the ldmadmin script
is a symbolic link rather than a regular file, then problems will
probably result in other sections of the ldmadmin script.  For example,
the commands "ldmadmin delqueue" and "ldmadmin mkqueue" won't work
correctly if the file is a symbolic link.  For these reason, I strongly
recommend that the $pq_path variable reference a regular file and not a
symbolic link.

The LDM system supports the "data/" directory in the LDM home-directory
being a symbolic link.  Could this accomodate your needs?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson