20030429: Rtstats setup

Bret,

>Date: 29 Apr 2003 13:26:13 -0400
>From: "Bret D. Whissel" <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20030429: Rtstats setup

> Dang, you're right.  The 'make install' and 'make install_setuids' did
> not replace the following files in the ~ldm/bin directory:
>
>  rtstats, syscheck, netcheck, ldmfail, ldmcheck, pqsurf,
>  pqbinstats, pqact, rpc.ldmd

If you're using the recommended "runtime" symbolic-link structure, then
no files will be replaced; instead, the new programs will be installed
in the version-dependent "bin" directory.

> Everything else was upgraded.  Ack.  I did a quick 'ls -lrt' to verify
> that new files were installed (which they were), but the older,
> un-updated files had scrolled off screen.  I now see that part of the
> problem was that the old ldm was running when I did the install:  with
> the program file "busy", it was not overwritten.  I'll be more careful
> about this in the future.

Are you using the "runtime" symbolic-link structure?

> I've made sure that everything's been upgraded this time ;-), and I've
> restarted the LDM.

Good.  I notice Pluto has rtstats(1) displays.  The latencies look good.

This should greatly improve data reception by South Florida University.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson