20030603: Problems with LDM 6.0.12: connecting to LDM 5

Christian,

We think that the problem lies with the upstream host that's sending
you GEM data (dns2.cmc.ec.gc.ca).  Our LDM-6.0.12's running down here
also get RPC timeouts when trying to connect to it -- yet they have
no problems connecting to an LDM-5 running on our IRIX 6.5.20 system.
I also temporarily switched your system (io.sca.uqam.ca) to run an
LDM-6.0.12 and request data from our IRIX 6.5.20 system.  It worked just
fine.

To us, this indicates a problem with dns2.cmc.ec.gc.ca: the operating
system might need to be upgraded or have some patches applied.  Can you
put us in touch with whoever manages that host?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson