20030610: LDM under hpux

Brian,

>Date: 10 Jun 2003 11:48:18 -0400
>From: "Brian S Maher" <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20030610: LDM under hpux

> As far as help,
> I can offer full access to the HP response Center

Would you please ask them about that out-of-memory error I described and
whether or not it's related to the data segment limit.

> and access to 11.i boxes. I was not able to compile under 11.i.

Interesting.  I built the LDM package here under the HP-UX 11 system
I previously described.

> 11.i has a much more dynamic kernel that other releases.
>

> [13] % make
>
> Making `all' in directory /opt/ldm/ldm-6.0.13/src/config
>

> Returning to directory /opt/ldm/ldm-6.0.13/src
>

> Making `all' in directory /opt/ldm/ldm-6.0.13/src/ulog
>
>         c89 -c -O -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_HPUX_SOURCE -w  -I../config
> ulog.c
> cc: "ulog.c", line 601: error 1584: Inconsistent type declaration:
> "syslog".

Odd.  The above compilation-command works on my HP-UX 11 system.

What is the declaration for the function syslog()?  Try the following

    1.  Go into the ulog/ subdirectory.

    2.  Execute the command "make ulog.i".

    3.  Send me the output of the command "grep -n syslog ulog.i".

    4.  Send me the output of the command

            sed -n '<min>,<max>p' ulog.i

        where <max> is the line-number of the syslog() function definition
        from #3 above (it should be the last line of the output) and <min>
        is <max> minus 6.

Alternatively, give me the LDM user's name and password on one of your
HP-UX 11i systems and I'll investigate myself.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson