20030610: LDM UMKC

Sanket,

>Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:53:03 -0500
>From: "Pai, Sanket Vasant (UMKC-Student)" <address@hidden>
>To: "Steve Emmerson" <address@hidden>,
>To: <address@hidden>
>Subject: Compilers

> I installed the compiplers again after unistalling them. However
> in the summary it said that certain packages were partially
> installed. Forte C sprac, forte C++ Enterprise ed. SParc,
> Forte Fortran Desktop Ed. SPARC You said that the files in
> /newsoftware/FORTRAN seems to be a simple unpacking. however i tried
> the f77 and cc compilers from that folder on test programs and they
> compiled and executed well.  What i have done now is renamed the bin
> folder in /opt/SUNWspro to old_bin and created a link(bin) to the bin
> folder in /newsoftware/FORTRAN/SUNWspro/WS6U2/bin let me know if this
> works.

Having /opt/SUNWspro/bin in the PATH environment variable didn't quit work
-- but having /newsoftware/FORTRAN/SUNWspro/WS6U2/bin in PATH did.

Would you please either tell me the root password or go into directory
"/usr/local/ldm/ldm-6.0.13/src" and execute the command "make
install_setuids" as root.

Let me know when your're done.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson