Re: remote LDM 6 installation and tuneup by the UPC

Frank,

>Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:56:12 -0400
>From: "Frank Colby" <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: remote LDM 6 installation and tuneup by the UPC

> We are still running LDM 5.0.8 on our ldm machine.  I tried to upgrade
> to 6.0.13, but I don't seem to have yacc installed.  In the past, I
> have always used the binary distributions, so never had to worry about
> building the distribution.
>
> Given the fact that the new version is significantly more efficient,
> and not just for us, but for our upstream suppliers, it would seem
> helpful for us to upgrade.  So if you are still willing to do a remote
> installation, I would be grateful for the help.

No problem.  Just do the following:

    1.  Email me the following:

        A.  The fully-qualified name of the host on which you want
            the LDM installed.

        B.  The name of the LDM user (typically "ldm").

    2.  Phone me at 303-497-8648 and tell me the LDM user's password
        or email me your phone number and a time for me to call you.

I assume that the host supports access via the ssh(1) utility.

> Frank Colby
> UMass Lowell

Regards,
Steve Emmerson