20030723: I've done something wrong and I need help

>From: Gerry Creager N5JXS <address@hidden>

Hi Gerry,

>I really need some help on my installation (currently 6.0.13) on
>mesodata.cs.tamu.edu.  I can arrange an ssh login that you can use if
>that will facilitate figuring out what I've done.

Logging on is always the quickest way to find and fix installation
and configuration problems.  If you give us the logins, can you
also give us 'root' or sudo privilege?  This way, I could install
the latest LDM on mesodata.

>I got stupid and made some changes to the pqact.conf and now I'm not
>getting some of the MADIS files from FSL, specifically mesonet1, from
>their compressed feed from elmd.

Hmm... a change to pqact.conf should not intefere with you getting the
data feed.  A mistake/change in pqact.conf could stop being able to process
that data.

>At this point mesnoet.tamu.edu is down hard until we can figure out what
>I fumble-fingered.

I am here until 6 pm tonight, so I can jump on as soon as I have
the login(s).

>Thanks,
>Gerry
>--
>Gerry Creager -- address@hidden
>Texas Mesonet -- AATLT, Texas A&M University
>Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.847.8578
>Page: 979.228.0173
>Office: 903A Eller Bldg, TAMU, College Station, TX 77843

Tom Yoksas