20030725: remote LDM 6 installation and tuneup by the UPC

Frank,

The ssh package is available at <http://www.openssh.com/>.

> Is this something that is simple to install?

I don't know how easy ssh(1) is to install because I've never done it.
Sorry.  It's installed on all our systems, however.

> Up to now, I have just used telnet for remote access, and su to get superuser
> privileges when needed (rarely).

ssh is good because it encrypts everything (including the password).
It's your machine, however, so you can decide not to install ssh and
I'll just use telnet.

From the perspectives of security and systems administration, however,
you should install it.

Let me know what you want to do.