20030731: Questions/issues with pqact

Steven,

>Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:45:37 -0500
>From: Steven Danz <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20030731: Questions/issues with pqact

> Thanks for the info.  I'll probably be scrounging around in pqact to
> see if the pipes are closing both ends or not, but not until the 'off
> hours'.

As far as I know, decoders are required to read from standard input and
to exit if 1) a read returns with an end-of-file condition; or 2) some
time-interval (e.g., 10 minutes) elapses without any input.

> Sure, I'd sign up as a developer on SourceForge, if nothing else
> it would give a forum to propose changes like the one mentioned to
> see what others might think.  Of course, we could then end up with
> 5.2.2-37.b for those too shy to make the leap to version 6 :-)

Over my dead body!  :-)

> Good to know about the multi pqact thing, I'll be looking towards that
> sooner than the code.

It's not really a solution, but as a workaround it, well, works.

> Thanks again for all the help!  (Esp. with the HPUX 11.x thing, it
> solves a big problem for me)

You're most welcome.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson