20030805: differences between LDM 5 and 6

Karen,

> To: "Karen Cooper" <address@hidden>
> Cc: support-ldm
> Subject: 20030805: differences between LDM 5 and 6
> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 11:13:05 -0600
> From: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>

> ... It is also very unlikely that a disconnection and reconnection
> would be responsible -- although I could possibly contrive a scenario
> involving bad data-product timestamps that might accomplish this.

Thinking about your problem some more, I believe that it could be due
to a combination of bad product-creation times and LDM reconnections.
If the data products that a given LDM receives have inaccurate
product-creation times, and a downstream LDM reconnects (for whatever
reason) to the given LDM, then it is possible that the time in the
request from the downstream LDM (which might be based on an inaccurate
product-creation time) will cause the given LDM to skip over products
(which might have inaccurate product-creation times) that it should
otherwise send.

The bottom-line is that inaccurate clocks and LDM reconnections don't
play together well.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson
LDM Developer