20031104: LDM upgrade stc (cont.)

>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>

Hi Alan,

As per our previous discussions, I made several changes on waldo:

First, the changes as user 'ldm'

1) upgraded the LDM to the latest release, LDM-6.0.14.  I finally rememberd
   the root password, so I could finish the upgrade

2) upgrade ldm-mcidas decoders to the latest release, ldm-mcidas-2003.
   The decoders are used from the ~ldm/decoders directory, so the newly
   built ones (I built the distribution on waldo) were copied there.
   Everything appears to be working correctly.  Along with the upgrade
   of the decoders, I copied the v2003 versions of SATANNOT and SATBAND
   (used by the decoders) to the ~ldm/etc directory.  I also cleaned
   the directory hierarchy a bit by creating the ~ldm/ldm-mcidas
   directory and moving all previous releases of ldm-mcidas under it.

3) added the request for 6 NEXRADs' Level III products in ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf.
   The stations chosen are: MVX|ABR|FSD|DLH|MPX|ARX.  These lie in and
   around MN, so I though those would be of the most interest.

4) I corrected the ~ldm/pqact.conf entries for WV imagery (as per a
   previous email) and for the FSL2 wind profiler data (the headers
   changed slightly, so the pattern for the hourly summary and 6-minute
   FSL2 products needed to change)

5) added ~ldm/pqact.conf actions to FILE the NNEXRAD Level III produts
   you are now ingesting.  I put the images under the
   ~ldm/data/gempak/nexrad/NIDS directory structure as this is where
   GEMPAK expects to find them.

6) added a crontab entry to scour the NNEXRAD products you are now
   getting

7) removed the LDM-6.0.2 installation from ~ldm.  You now have the latest
   one, LDM-6.0.14 and one previously used, LDM-6.0.10

Next, the changes as 'mcidas'

1) edited ~mcidas/data/LSSERVE.BAT to incorporate the definitions for the
   CIMSS imagery that comes in the Unidata-Wisconsin (UNIWISC aka MCIDAS)
   IDD datastream.  I also added the definitions for the RTNEXRAD dataset
   since waldo is now ingesting those images.

2) removed the definition for RTGRIDS in LSSERVE.BAT since waldo is not
   decoding model data through XCD

3) copied this LSSERVE.BAT to mcidas@cyclone:/home/mcidas/data so it will
   be used

That is more-or-less everything I did.

Please let me know if you see anthing amiss.