Re: 20040115: pqact(1) PIPE problems

Karen,

>Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:30:45 -0600
>From: "Karen Cooper" <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20040115: pqact(1) PIPE problems

> I actually only have two entries in the pqact file.  One FILE entry --
> for all NEXRD2 data and one  PIPE entry -- for all NEXRD2 data.

I'll bet, however, that either the pathname argument of the FILE entry
or the arguments to the nexradII_bz(1) program in the PIPE entry undergo
string-substitution.  See

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/ldm/ldm-6.0.14/basics/pqact.conf.html#argref

This causes a separate process to be created for each unique,
string-substituted instance of any entry.

I didn't make this clear in my previous email.  Sorry.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson