Re: LDM at CPTEC

Hello Waldenio,

>Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 12:39:45 -0200
>From: Waldenio Almeida <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: LDM at CPTEC

> How are you ? A lot of ice on the windshield ? :P

A bit!  :-)

> 1) when the LDM is down, and restart, he get the data from
> current hour. Can he get the data from past hours ?, let's
> say, last 24 hours ?

That is possible only if the product-queue on the upstream LDM holds 24
hours worth of data.  In general, product-queues are smaller than this.

You would have to modify the ldmadmin(1) script to add the capability for
starting the LDM with an option that says how far back in time to go.

Alternatively, you could execute the rpc.ldmd program manually and use
its "-o" option to obtain older data.  Then, when the product-queue has
caught up, you could stop the rpc.ldmd process and then restart the LDM
via the ldmadmin(1) script.

> 2) I would like to ingest data on LDM. Our local GTS data,
> our PCD data, satellite images, etc... Where can I find
> some instructions about thie ?. I need create a new datafeed ?

Until the LDM is enhanced with a greater number of data feedtypes, you
should use the EXP feedtype and carefully design the product-identifier
so that it completely identifies the data-product, e.g.,

    CPTEC/PCD/...

The pqing(1) program of the LDM package is designed to be an example of
an LDM ingester.  You should be able to modify it as necessary to ingest
your data.

> Thanks,
> waldenio

Regards,