20040206: ldm6.0.14 at stc

>From: "Anderson, Alan C. " <address@hidden>

Hi Alan,

I got both your first and second emails, so this reply reflects my
having looked at the attached log files in the second.

>I am starting on a build of ldm 6.0.14 on a  Sun terminal with
>Solaris v. 9 , sparc.

>From my config.log and configure.log files  (attached)  it looks like
>most things are ok,  but there is a problem with something called
>conftest.

>Also, can you clarify whether I need to set the variable LIBS  as listed
>in the SourceCode Installation ( pg. 2/4)

You should _not_ have to set this.

>I do not have it set at this
>point but am not sure about whether   librpcsoc  is being found.

configure uses defaults for where libraries should be located.  In
your configure run, it chose:

checking RPC and socket references... -R/usr/ucblib -L/usr/ucblib -lrpcsoc -lnsl
 -lsocket

If /usr/ucblib/librpcsoc is on your system -- and it should be --, then
you should be set to run make.  For comparison, I checked our Sun Solaris
v. 9 SPARC machine, and see that librpcsoc.so is located in /usr/ucblib:

% ls /usr/ucblib/librpc*
/usr/ucblib/librpcsoc.so.1*  /usr/ucblib/librpcsoc.so@

So, at this point you should be able to finish the LDM build and installation:

<as 'ldm'>
cd ~ldm/ldm-6.0.14/src
make
make install

And, if this completes with no errors:

su             (not su -)
make install_setuids
exit

After this, it is time to make the LDM runtime links:

<still as 'ldm'>
cd ~ldm
ln -s ldm-6.0.14 runtime
ln -s runtime/bin bin
ln -s runtime/include include
ln -s runtime/lib lib
ln -s runtime/man man
ln -s runtime/src src

Setup your ldmd.conf and pqact.conf files to include the request
lines, allow lines, and processing actions probably exactly the
way you have things setup on waldo.

>Thanks for your help

No worries.