20040212: Data product Expiration (cont.)

>From: "Schaffert, Lowell" <address@hidden>

Lowell,

>Thanks Tom.
>That says to me that if you have a large queue, lets say sized to hold
>10 hours, that you can have data in the queue that could be 10 or more
>hours old. That data will only be removed from the queue when it is
>necessary to insert more items into the queue. Am I correct?

You are correct.  This allows a downstream site to connect to the
server and request data that is as old as the age of the oldest product
in the queue.  Of course, the downstream site can specify how old the
data to be sent is, so it is not necessary that they get all of the old
data.  In fact, the standard configuration for a downstream LDM node is
to request the last one hour of data from the upstream server.

>Thanks,

No worries.