20040308:LDM Configuration

Ben,

> To: address@hidden
> From: Ben Bailey <address@hidden>
> Subject: LDM Configuration

> I'm trying to configure the LDM to ingest only
> information from a persistent telnet connection
> (Weatherwire from Dyncorp).  Is the LDM able to do
> this?

I belive the pqing(1) utlity, which is part of the LDM package, could be
easily modified to accomplish this.

> The data is going to be used in Gempak.  But I've set
> up the LDM and Gempak under separate user ID's on the
> same system.  Since I'll be under the Gempak ID when
> using NAWIPS, won't that terminate the LDM?

I'm not sure what you're asking.  One can certainly use GEMPAK while the
LDM daemon is running -- we do that all the time.

> Should I reinstall the LDM under the Gempak user tree?

The LDM package should be installed by the LDM user in the LDM user's
home directory.  For details, see the section on " Installing,
Configuring, and Activating the LDM System" at

    http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/ldm/ldm-6.0.14/basics/index.html

> Thanks in advance
> -Ben Bailey
>
> username: thetae865