20040421: LDM - Solaris 9 - configure problems (cont.)

>From: "Alan Cunningham" <address@hidden>

Alan,

re: upgrade to LDM-6
>Thanks, I will proceed with the install of 6.0.14.

Excellent.  6.0.14 is what most sites are using now, so it is
probably the best one for you to install.

>I need to figure this requirement out:
>
>>Have an ONC runtime library. In particular, the library must have
>>the function clnttcp_create(). This library is sometimes named librpcsoc.a.

Solaris 9 satisfies this requirement.

>While I can find the file librpcsoc.so, I cannot find librpcsoc.a.  Any
>guidance on how to verify the presence of clnttcp_create() in my RPC libs?

If you have a standard Solaris installation, you will not have any
problems building LDM-6.

>Thank you for your quick response.

No worries.