20040628: syslog for Solaris 9? (fwd)

>From: David Magee <address@hidden>

David,

>Does anyone happen to have syslog.conf working "right" under solaris 9?

We have no problems using syslogd logging for an LDM running under
Solaris 9.

>If so, would you be so kind as to mail it to me?

Here is what we use:

####
#
# syslog configuration file.
#
# This file is processed by m4 so be careful to quote (`') names
# that match m4 reserved words.  Also, within ifdef's, arguments
# containing commas must be quoted.
#
*.err;kern.notice;auth.notice;local0.none               /dev/sysmsg
*.err;kern.notice;auth.notice;local0.none               /var/adm/console
*.err;kern.debug;daemon.notice;mail.crit;local0.none    /var/adm/messages

*.alert;kern.err;daemon.err                     operator
*.alert;local0.none                             root

*.emerg                                         *

#
# LDM logging
#
local0.debug                                    /local/ldm/logs/ldmd.log

Please note that the white space between local0.none and
/var/adm/messages and local0.debug and /local/ldm/logs/ldmd.log are
tabs, not spaces.

>I'm about to pull hair
>out on this one.  I've gone through umpteen attempts with tabs, etc, and
>everything gets logged in /var/adm/messages and ldm/logs/ldmd.log
>
>Thanks!

It would have helped if you had included your syslog.conf file so
we could take a look.

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas