Re: 20040630: potential LDM/pqact problem on OSF/1

David,

>Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:10:47 -0700
>From: David Ovens <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20040630: potential LDM/pqact problem on OSF/1

> I don't think so.  I think the culprit there is that 'sunny' is
> writing to the same files that 'glacier' is and 'sunny' is processing
> everything under the sun.  I'd love to know how to change it so
> glacier is logging to its own unique files.  Can you provide any
> assistance on this?

The LDM uses the syslog(3) logging facility, which, in turn, uses
the syslogd(1) daemon and the syslog.conf(4) configuration file.
Apparently, the sylog.conf(4) configurations files on Glacier and Sunny
are configured to log to the same file.  Use the man(1) utility to get
more information on these components.

> I'll try both now and we'll see what happens over the next 24-hours.

Let me know.

> Cheers,
>
> David
> --
> David Ovens            e-mail: address@hidden
> Research Meteorologist    phone: (206) 685-8108
> Dept of Atm. Sciences      plan: Real-time MM5 forecasting for the
> Box 351640                        Pacific Northwest
> University of Washington          http://www.atmos.washington.edu/mm5rt
> Seattle, WA  98195               Weather Graphics and Loops
>                                   http://www.atmos.washington.edu/~ovens/loops

Regards,
Steve Emmerson