20040808: 20040805: LDM 6.0.14 installation Help (cont.)

>From: mynul khan <address@hidden>

Mynul,

>Thanks for your  previous reply. I started the
>installation process from the beginning and it went
>without any error.

OK.

>But after the installation when I
>became super-user (root) and type in "make
>install_setuids", it shows "make not found"

This says that the PATH in place for 'root' on your machine
does not include the directory that contains 'make'.  On
Solaris, this is /usr/ccs/bin.  You can either modify 'root's
PATH, or you can explicitly specify the location of make:

<as 'root'>
cd ~ldm/ldm-6.0.14/src
/usr/ccs/bin/make install_setuids

>and also I
>could not find any file name "install_setuids"

'install_setuids' is an action in the Makefile in
~ldm/ldm-6.0.14/src.

>I tried having "/usr/ccs/bin" added to the PATH but it
>didn't help.

'make' wasn't found in /usr/ccs/bin on your system?

>Can you tell me what the problem is?

Did you make sure that you CDed to the ~ldm/ldm-6.0.14/src
directory after becoming 'root'?

>I appreciate your help.

No worries.