Re: 20040920: Possible pqact issue in LDM?

Steven,

>Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:13:43 -0500
>From: "Steven Danz" <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20040920: Possible pqact issue in LDM?

> Well... sigh.  Looks like I found the problem and of course it has
> nothing to do with LDM, which is a very good thing. The upstream ntp
> server was rebuilt recently and configured incorrectly, causing all
> the downstream ntpd clients to do 'bad' things, like continually slide
> time back a little at a time. So, while everything was synchronized
> with the same time, and ntpd on the clients looked right, all the
> clients had to constantly make adjustments backwards to keep right
> with the ntp server, causing the pqact problems I was seeing. Fixing
> the upstream ntp and restarting everything, and all is right with at
> least this part the world.

Subtle problem!  Congratulations on figuring it out.

> Sorry for the wild goose chase...  thanks for all the help!

It wasn't only a pursuit of a feral ornithoid: we did fix that one design
flaw in the product-queue (which should fix a problem with missing
data-products in the NWS NEXRAD Level II data distribution).

"From such chaos is progress made"  --Anon

Good luck.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson