Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 10:07:30 -0600
From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
To: Gerry Creager n5jxs <address@hidden>
Subject: 20041007: LDM situation on bigbird (cont.)

My gut feeling at the moment is that bigbird has some sort of a
hardware problem.  ...

Another reason that I suspect that bigbird has a hardware problem
is your comment that you had show stopping problems when trying to run
the latest FC2 kernel.  ...

I wouldn't rule-out the possibility of a software bug in the
operating-system.  We're running version 2.6.8 of the kernel while's
Bigbird's running version 2.6.5.  There might have been a problem with
(for example) file-locking or multiprocessor interrupts in the earlier
version that's been fixed in the later one.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

--
Gerry Creager -- address@hidden
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.847.8578