20041110: binary distro. of linux ldm nowhere to be found on ftp server

Steve,

>Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 00:05:20 -0500
>From: Steve Ochani <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden,
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: binary distro. of linux ldm nowhere to be found on ftp server

> As per ldm setup instructions at
>
> http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/ldm/archive/ldmBinaryInstallList.html#s3

That's an obsolete webpage.  Perhaps you used a search engine to find
it.

The homepage of the LDM is

    http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/ldm/

There is no binary distribution of the LDM available for Linux for the
reasons given in the LDM documentation.  If you want it, then you'll
have to build it from the source distribution.  The process can take as
little as three minutes.

> Steve O.
> http://www.steveo.us
>
> B17G WWII Bomber "Yankee Lady" Flight I took
> http://www.steveo.us/b17ride
>
> SUNY NCC Physical Sciences Dept. Network Admin
> SUNY NCC MATH/COMPUTER Unix Admin
> http://www.matcmp.ncc.edu

Regards,
Steve Emmerson