20050303: LDM ON LINUX (cont.)

>From: "Jason Caldwell" <address@hidden>

Hi Jason,

re:
>Thanks for the information regarding the LDM. I am interested in
>receiving the data through IDD if necessary, but I believe that the
>Southeast Regional Climate Center, which is co-located with us, has a
>NOAAPORT feed that we may can get access to through some agreement.

We have been working with Bob Leche of LSU/SRCC to get their NOAAPORT
ingest system upgraded to support the DVB-S transition that the NWS is
making.  The testing phase of this effort is coming to a close, so they
will be ready for the transition scheculed for March 31.  I am sure
that SRCC will easily be able to feed you the data you need.

>I am
>only in the planning stages to get the data feeds up and running,but if
>you wouldn't mind recommending some universities in the Southeast that I
>could contact, it would be tremendously helpful.

If you are already colocated with LSU/SRCC, you need go no further.
LSU has agreed to act as a top level IDD relay node, so they should be
able to work with you to get you the NOAAPORT and other data that you
need.  If I am misinterpreting your SRCC colocation, you should still
work with SRCC.  Bob's email is:

"Bob Leche" <address@hidden>

If/when you contact him, please let him know of our email exchanges.

>Thanks again for your help.

No worries.

>The work that you all perform at UCAR is
>amazing and is such a critical part of the meteorological community.

Thanks for the kind words!  We really do try :-)