20050308: LDM 6.2.1 possible memory issue?

Steven,

>Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 17:47:47 -0600
>From: "Steven Danz" <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: LDM 6.2.1 possible memory issue?

> Just to be sure compiler issues in the myriad patches from RedHat were
> not an issue, I rebuilt both 6.0.14 and 6.2.1 from scratch on the
> same system and tried running them.  On the 6.0.14 the VSS starts at
> 40Meg then drops to 27Meg, 6.2.1 starts at 796Meg and grows out to its
> 821Meg.
>
> Odd, very odd.  Could the new setup for inserts that searches for
> a unique insertion time be causing the entire queue to be getting
> scanned?  Random thought.

I just went over all the changes in going from LDM 6.0.14 to LDM 6.2.1.
I didn't see anything that could account for the differences in the RSS.

The 6.0.14 LDM should have a VSZ around 800 MB if the operating-system
it's running on counts process-size the same as the one with the 6.2.1
LDM.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson