20050405: LDM stats (cont.)

>From: "Gregory Grosshans" <address@hidden>

Hi Gregg,

>Can you tell me how you generated the stats below?

>  Data Volume Summary for NOAAPORT DVB-S broadcast 20050402 - 20050403
>
>  Maximum hourly volume   1296.532 M bytes/hour
>  Average hourly volume    583.754 M bytes/hour
>
>  Average products per hour      53519 prods/hour
>
>  Feed                           Average             Maximum     Products
>                       (M byte/hour)            (M byte/hour)   number/hour
>  HDS                     176.574    [ 30.248%]      436.027    13818.643
>  NGRID                   138.548    [ 23.734%]      527.446     2498.262
>  NIMAGE                  136.072    [ 23.310%]      275.903      147.619
>  NNEXRAD                 119.264    [ 20.430%]      137.579    18397.214
>  IDS|DDPLUS               13.297    [  2.278%]       17.853    18657.214

We have each user run the LDM real time statistics reporting routine
'rtstats' from an ldmd.conf entry that looks like:

exec    "rtstats -h rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu"

'rtstats' is a application that is informed whenever a new product is
added to the local LDM queue.  It gathers hostname, time, latency
product size, etc.  information and sends it back to the host specified
as the value of its '-h' flag using the EXP feedtype.

On rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu we have an action in pqact.conf that runs
an application (dcrtstats) that reads the returned information and
writes it into a one output netCDF file per day.  Upon request from a
user of our real time statistics web pages, a CGI-bin script is kicked
off that reads through the netCDF and returns back data formatted like
I sent you, or creates graphics for the various options listed for each
machine sending in data.

Here is a page for the NOAAPORT ingest machine noaaport.unidata.ucar.edu:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/idd/rtstats/siteindex.php?noaaport.unidata.ucar.edu

From this page, you can generate plots for latency, log(latency),
histogram, volume, number of products, and cumulative volume summary,
and lists for topology, and cumulative volume summary.  The author of
all of our real time statistics reporting code is Steve Chiswell.

>Thanks,

No worries.