Re: 20050408: LDM - Partitioning for LDM/GEMPAK

Darren,

> > To: address@hidden
> > From: "Darren Addy" <address@hidden>
> > Subject: LDM - Partitioning for LDM/GEMPAK

> > I'm wondering if you have an recommendations on how to partition the
> > HD for best performance, allowing the most space for the portions of
> > the filesystem that will need it. (Although I'm working on LDM at the
> > moment, I will be doing GEMPAK next).
>
> I'll defer to our systems administrator regarding partitioning.
>
> Mike?

I think Steve covered the high points.  If you plan on backing-up /home,
you might want to split off a "data" partition for both LDM data and
application logging that won't be backed-up.  Ideally, your system has
enough memory (1GB+) to keep from hitting the disk as much and I see
you have a dedicated swap disk.  Looks good...

mike