20050519: EXP data limitation

Celia,

> To: address@hidden
> cc: address@hidden
> From: Celia Chen <address@hidden>
> Subject: EXP data limitation

> I got a request to send a set of EXP data to FSL but this data cannot be
> accessed by any other users.  How do I configure the "allow" entry to
> accomplish this goal?  We are sending other EXP products to FSL as
> well.

I'm afraid that the LDM can't do what you want at the current time.  The
next release of the LDM will have the capability to perform "upstream"
filtering.  I hope to release it next week.

A possible workaround is to use a feedtype that isn't being used for
anything else.  If the data-products are set to that feedtype, then the
LDM can ensure that only permitted downsteam hosts can obtain the data.

> Thanks in advance.
> Celia

Regards,
Steve Emmerson