Re: Getting LDM on plane to receive via UCAR RAS and PPP

Janet,

>Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:13:48 -0600
>From: Janet Scannell <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: Getting LDM on plane to receive via UCAR RAS and PPP

> I was able to successfully transfer data from linus to cirque over the
> RAS connection through LDM.

Great!

> I have another question about the way that
> the LDM works.  If the RAS connection drops during a file transfer, does
> the LDM start where it left off when transferring the file or does it
> start all over again.  Since our connection to the RAS is very slow from
> the aircraft, it would be useful to know how this works.

The LDM is designed so that, upon reconnection by a downstream LDM, the
upstream LDM starts sending data-products from its product-queue at the
point just after the last successfully transmitted data-product.

> Thanks for all your help,
> Janet

Regards,
Steve Emmerson