Re: LDM Feed Types

Lowell,

>Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:37:18 -0700
>From: "Schaffert, Lowell" <address@hidden>
>To: "Emmerson, Steve (Unidata)" <address@hidden>
>Subject: LDM Feed Types

> We are delivering LDM to the Air Force and NASA to transport weather
> data. My question is can we create and use our own feed type? We would
> like to use RSA verses EXP that we are currently using.

Unfortunately, the LDM wasn't designed with user-definable feedtypes in
mind.  Consequently, it's limited to the existing feedtype (one of which
is the catch-all EXP).

The next release of the LDM (version 6.4) will allow the upstream LDM to
restrict data based on the product-identifier.  This almost obviates the
need for additional feedtypes.  You can read more about it at

    http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/newsletter/05june/05juneel.htm#LDM

Let me know if you don't want this email to appear in our publicly-viewable
support-email tracking system (your email address will be obscured).

> Thanks,
>
> Lowell Schaffert
>
> Lockheed Martin Corporation
> 2050 South Blosser Road