20050806: RLDM 6.4.1

>From: Giovanni Dolif Neto <address@hidden>

Hi Giovanni,

>I've just seen that you have a new LDM release. The 6.4.1 release.
>How can I replace my old version(6.3.0) with this newer one?

The upgrade procedure is simple:

<as the user 'ldm'>

1) download the new distribution from the Unidata anonymous FTP site:

cd ~ldm
ftp ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
  <user> anonymous
  <pass> address@hidden
  cd pub/ldm
  binary
  get ldm-6.4.1.tar.Z
  quit

2) unpack the distribution

zcat ldm-6.4.1.tar.Z | tar xvf -

3) configure the distribution for a build:

cd ldm-6.4.1/src
./configure

4a) install the newly built code, the first step is done as 'ldm'

make
make install

4b) install the newly built code, the second step is done as 'root'

<as 'root'>
cd ~ldm/ldm-6.4.1/src
make install_setuids

5) Back as 'ldm'. If you are upgrading from a version of the LDM prior
   to LDM-6.2, then you need to edit the LDM ldmadmin-pl.conf configuration
   script:

-- edit ~ldm/etc/ldmadmin-pl.conf and change things like the LDM queue
   size to match your existing distribution

6) as 'ldm', stop the LDM, change the runtime link, and then restart the
   LDM:

cd ~ldm
ldmadmin stop
rm runtime
ln -s ldm-6.4.1 runtime
ldmadmin start

   Note that if you are upgrading from an old version of the LDM (pre-6.2
   or 6.1), you might need to delete and remake the queue.  If this is
   the case, the steps you might need to execute are:

cd ~ldm
ldmadmin stop
rm runtime
ln -s ldm-6.4.1 runtime