20050810: 20050810: 20050810: Endlless loop of log files

Nancy,

pnga2area is part of the ldm-mcidas distribution. See:
ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/binary/ldm-mcidas/linux_2.6-i686/ldm-mcidas.tar.Z
for the linux binary distribution.

The pnga2area pattern action lines found in
$NAWIPS/ldm/etc/templates/pqact.gempak_images
will file the data directly into GEMPAK format file names
(you will have to edit those "/data/ldm/gempak" paths
for your site). Following those actions, you won't have to
run nsat_links. Rather, the images will be in the $GEMDATA/images/sat
directory (aka $SAT).

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support