Re: 20050810:Re: IRaDS & LDM

Hi Marc and A.J.,

One further point I should have made earlier -

Old versions of the LDM, < V6.1, have a limitation of 32 handles that pqact can have open at one time. So, you could have a problem if you're getting data from > 32 stations in that pqact may shut down a pipe to a decoder if it needs to spawn a new one. This could cause an incomplete volume scan.

The best solution is to run the most recent version of the LDM. (Looks like we should upgrade those on our testbeds.) A workaround is to invoke more than one pqact program with corresponding config files. But that could still be open to the problem. To really avoid that problem you'd have to have each pqact handle a specific subset of 32 stations.

Just a FYI.

Anne

Marcus A Christie wrote:
Anne Wilson wrote:

No, the nexradII decoder would not terminate before it received the entire product. In my discussion I was confabulating info about that decoder along with decoders in general.

Thanks Anne.  It's crystal clear now.

Marc

                                  Boulder, CO  80307
Unidata WWW server       http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/