20050921: LDM downgrade on bigbird and mesodata3

>From: Gerry Creager N5JXS <address@hidden>

Hi Gerry,

Not long after we finished our phone conversation this afternoon I
found why my LDM-6.3.0 true 64-bit rebuild was not working.

I fixed the problem by creating a 'runtime' link structure to make
mesodata3's LDM installation be standard:

<as 'ldm'>
cd ~ldm
ldmadmin stop
mv bin bin_copy
mv lib lib_copy
mv man man_copy
mv include include_copy
mv src src_copy

ln -s ldm-6.3.0 runtime
ln -s runtime/* .

ldmadmin delqueue && ldmadmin mkqueue -f
ldmadmin start -m 600

So, now bigbird, sasquatch, and mesodata3 are all running true 64-bit
versions of LDM 6.3.0.  Let's leave things this way for awhile and
see how they perform.

>From address@hidden  Wed Sep 21 20:18:49 2005

Tom,

Thanks.  I did have to get home to feed squabbling kids, and get my wife
at the airport.

I'm good to leave the systems at 6.3 for now, especially with a 64-bit
build.  Thanks.

I'll be watching them colsely save for a potential Friday trip toward
Hurricane Target (Victoria, TX, is my guess) to leave a Vaisala WXT-510
weather station in harm's way for a torture test.

Later, gerry