Re: LDM mystery

Sarah,

>Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 14:32:13 -0600
>From: Sarah Thompson <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: LDM mystery

> Hi Steve, me again.  When you build a box, do you do a full install?

I'm not sure what you're asking.  Typically, when I install an LDM
there's already a previous installation  -- so I build and install the
new version, stop the LDM, change the "runtime" switch, and then start
the (new) LDM.

On systems with no previous LDM installation, then there's a bit more
work to do (e.g., establish the LDM account, edit some system files,
etc.).

> Do you have a build guide?

All of this is documented in the LDM web pages.  Go to

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/

and click on the relevant release.  Then follow the link in the "Download,
Installation, and Configuration" section.

> I'm trying this on different hardware,
> different os', trying to find a solution.  thanks, sarah
[snip]

Regards,
Steve Emmerson