Re: "pbuf_flush: time elapsed" problem

justin,

>Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 07:39:18 -0400
>From: address@hidden
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: "pbuf_flush: time elapsed" problem

> Here is the line from ldmd.conf:
> exec    "pqact -f CRAFT -v -o 900 -d /home/decdev
> /ioddev/dbndev/ldm/etc/pqact.craft"

So, the feedtype is NEXRAD2 (alias CRAFT) and the pattern is ".*".  OK.

> > > Oct 09 21:52:19 b2n1 pqact[1187888] DEBUG: pq_sequence():
> time(insert)-time(create): 0.0000 s
> > > Oct 09 21:52:19 b2n1 pqact[1187888] DEBUG: Delay: 4.3895 sec
> > Again, this is consistent with the pqact(1) process seeing data-
> > productsthat don't match its selection-criteria.  Do you know for a
> > fact that
> > data-products were being inserted into the product-queue that did
> > matchthe selection-criteria?  (I take it that is the case.)
>
> The CRAFT data stopped being put into the product-queue ~15:21Z on
> 10/09/05,

How do you know that NEXRAD2 data-products stopped being inserted into
the product-queue around 15:21 UTC?

> I had just never seen entries like the one's I included and
> figured they might be relevant since it is from the CRAFT pqact.  But
> from your comment it appears that these entries are not unusual.

Those messages are normal for a pqact(1) process in debug mode.  When
a data-product matches the selection-criteria of a pqact(1) process,
then the process will log two INFO message and several DEBUG messages;
otherwise, it will only log two DEBUG messages (when in debug mode).

Were data-products of feedtypes other than NEXRAD2 also being inserted
into the product-queue?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson