Re: 20051012: ernie.tamu.edu is getting unstable...

James,

>Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:07:42 -0500
>From: James Esslinger <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20051012: ernie.tamu.edu is getting unstable...

> Hopefully you have tracked down the cause,

I haven't tracked down the cause.  If anything, I've only discovered
that the problem is associated with support for large product-queues.
The cause could still be the software, operating-system, or hardware.

The difference between the current LDM on Ernie and one that supports
large product-queues is how the product-queue module handles
memory-mapping.  If a large product-queue isn't possible, then the
module maps the entire product-queue only once.  When supporting large
product-queues, however, the module separately maps each region in the
file when the data of data-product is stored, which means that mapping
occurs many times per second.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson