Re: hung downstream LDM

Justin,

>Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:26:46 -0400
>From: Justin Cooke <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: hung downstream LDM

> $ ls -l /dev/log
> srw-rw-rw-   1 root     system            0 Jul 21 05:56 /dev/log

That's good.

I like you to try some manual logging.  Please do the following:

    1.  Go to the "ulog/" subdirectory of the top-level source-directory
        of your LDM package.

    2.  Execute the command "make ulogger".

    3.  Send me the output of the command

            ./ulogger -l- -p local0.debug 'this is the first test'

    4.  Execute the command

            ./ulogger -p local0.debug 'this is the second test'

        and send me its output in the file ~ldm/logs/ldmd.log.

> Justin

Regards,
Steve Emmerson