20051122: Question about the old days keeping in ldm

>From: "Anh Dao Nguyen" <address@hidden>

Any Dao Nguyen,

>Institution: National Centr fore Hydro-Meteorological Forcasting of Vietnam
>Package Version: GEMPAK5.7.4
>Operating System: Linux
>Hardware Information: 160GB hardware vollumn
>Inquiry: Hello all,

>Since my work for keeping 10 days of model data, I tried to set ldm to
>automatically delete the old files in nadata. Last time Ms Mai, my
>coleague, asked you about that. I did follow your susgestion but it
>seems tobe wroong. Yes, I modified the entry of old days in
>~ldm/etc/scour.conf. Then I restart the ldmadmin. I don't know what
>I am wroong? Please tell me how can I do to keep older data in nadata.

The entries in ~ldm/etc/scour.conf define how many days of data to
keep in the directories listed.  Running scour needs to be setup
in the crontab file for the LDM.  Here is an example that will run
the scour once per day at 1 oclock:

0 1 * * * bin/ldmadmin scour > /dev/null 2>&1

Add this line to the crontab file for your 'ldm' user, and the
directories listed in ~ldm/etc/scour.conf and their subdirectories
will get scoured.

If you already have an entry like this in your 'ldm' user's crontab
please send us the contents of your scour.conf file and a listing
of the entries in your crontab:

<as 'ldm'>
cd ~ldm
cat etc/scour.conf